Along with being at large during the murder spree, he also fit the physical description of the killer and resembled the composite. The two robbers bound and gagged all seven employees and, reminiscent of the Taco Bell murders, forced the workers into the restaurants walk-in freezer before shooting each one execution style. In another January robbery gone terribly wrong, two gunmen lay in wait outside a Taco Bell in Irving, Texas, on January 26, 1991, intending to rob it. Some of the unsolved murders in Houston, Texas, include the 1980 double murder of Andrew and Estella Salinas, the 1974 murder of Edward "Edd" Williams, the 2000 murder of Kenisha Shavonne Dixon, the 1997 murder of Erica Ann Garcia, and the 2019 murder of Elizabeth Barraz a, which can also be found on the Uncovered website. Jr. David Raytown, Missouri - another link in the deadly chain. The working theory is that these were just two of potentially many victims of an unidentified serial killer. Frederick Soon after, police linked the killer to another murder and an attempted murder along Interstate 35 and 45 in Texas. Although no one heard the shot, a witness did see her with her last customer (and suspected killer) just minutes before her death. Twenty-six-year-old Robin Fuldauer of Indianapolis, Indiana, was the Salutatorian of Lawrence Central High School and a 1988 graduate of Indiana University. In Mick's case, they sent the pants he was wearing when he was killed; it is believed that the killer touched his pants pocket when he grabbed his wallet. They believe that in the months prior to the murders, he fantasized about killing. SIMPSON, Doyle Edward And I can find literally nothing that mentions her name after her father's obituary, so I'm going to assume that her mother may still be alive and wondering what really happened that October night in 1994. HERNANDEZ. This was in the Las Colinas part of Irving - relatively close to DFW Airport, and the "trendy" part of Irving, so to speak. Avon It was my understanding that the killer used her key to lock the door. That night, 22-year-old Cheryl Henry and her 21-year-old boyfriend Andy Atkinson parked in a deserted spotpopular with young couples in the area. If you have information on an unsolved homicide case or need assistance in this area, please contact Sergeant Robert Walsh at 817-459-5772 or Robert.Walsh@Arlingtontx.gov If you wish to remain anonymous and possibly receive a reward up to $1,250 please call Tarrant County Crime Stoppers at 817-469-8477 or click here. Miraculously, she was saved by an anatomical fluke she did not know she had: an abnormally large spinal column. . Search Texas newspapers for free! Bobby Hardy McBride was born in May, Texas on October 3, 1939. The city with highest murder rate in Texas? "That morning, Liz Barraza was setting up a garage sale," said Harris . Police had only an eyewitness account of a . At 2:30pm, customers found Nancy's body in the back office; she had been shot in the back of the head. Law enforcement found the couple's car at the scene, with their bodies in the woods close by. SONNIER, David Wayne Under HB 8, crime labs must test kits within 90 days, and agencies are prohibited from destroying rape kits related to a case that has sat unsolved for up to 40 years. Texas may not be the wild, wild west anymore, but over the years there sure have been a lot of heinous crimes committed in the county's second-largest state. BRAZIEL They were discovered by police at 7:30pm. The foursome included Jayne Friedt, Ruth Ellen Shelton, Daniel Davis, and Mark Flemmonds. It is also possible that the killer lived or worked somewhere where grinding or polishing was performed. Megan was born and raised in the Dallas area, and had never been married nor had any children. He also talked to himself and was "giggling." GREEN, Geronimo Rene Ballistics tests completed by the FBI confirmed that all five women had been killed with the same gun, most likely a semi-automatic .22-caliber pistol. VILLARREAL, Clifton Lamar In addition to the El Memo murders and the murders of the Gonzlez siblings, two others were murdered in Jalisco in one weekend. After the store closed on December 6, 1991, unknown attackers murdered the four girls inside: Eliza Thomas, Amy Ayers, and sisters Jennifer and Sarah Harbison. Manuel Fifty-one-year-old Mary Ann Glasscock ran a store called Emporium Antiques Etc. The Harris County Sheriff's Office has conducted an exhaustive investigation, but still no arrests. After being pulled over hours after the murders with Taco Bell bags filled with cash, San Miguel was tried and received the death penalty for his crimes; he was subsequently executed by lethal injection on June 29, 2000. The FBI and local police are seeking clues in the unsolved murders of four women whose bodies were discovered in a remote wooded field in a small Texas town between Houston and Galveston.. READ MORE 5. As he was closing the refrigerator door, the officer saw two human heads in the vegetable bins. May 12, 2021. The "Lover's Lane" murders took place in an undeveloped, wooded area of West Houston on the night of August 23, 1990. Since April 1992, it has lent its name to a serial killer known as the "I-70 Killer," who has committed a string of murders within a few miles of it in several Midwestern states. I am curious, have you read anything on how the front door was locked? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfXFsxSytts. Of those 105 murders, 57 were still unsolved as of Dec. 22. Although the killer took small amounts of money from each of the victims, robbery is not believed to be his motive. ASHBROOK. Nicknamed The Yogurt Shop Murders, the murders of four girls in Austin, Texas, continue to haunt the community. Hennards victims ranged in age from 29 to 75. His murder remains unsolved. Houston with 275. Before midnight on December 6, 1991, firefighters responded to a blaze at a yogurt shop in Austin. He looked around briefly, then walked out again. Magers died instantly; Smith died a few hours later. That afternoon, an employee at the store across the street noticed a strange man loitering around his building. The police checked the house, and an officer found what he thought to be numerous pieces of a butchered hog in the refrigerator. List of unsolved murders (before 1900) List of unsolved murders (1900-1979) List of unsolved murders (1980-1999) List of unsolved murders (2000-present) See also [ edit] Cold case Forensic science The man sat on the curb for about a half hour, rifling through his bag and staring at the Payless store. And other crimes, like the time Daniel Athens peed on the Alamo, aren't quite as gruesome as they are wildly . (Texas EquuSearch) Miller, now 71, told The Guardian he believed that a man who lived down the road from the Millers before they moved to League . That gun was also linked to the murder of another victim, this one a man. It wouldn't be the first time a maintenance worker killed a young woman living alone in an apartment. The area south of 114 bounded on the east by Rochelle, Nothgate on the south, and MacArthur on the west except for a carve-out to Story for the gated Cottonwood Valley neighborhood is the luxury residential area. https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-execution-texas/texas-executes-man-for-1991-stabbing-strangulation-murder-idUSBRE89O01F20121025. However, when they entered their manager Jean Augustes office, she was accompanied by former employee John Taylor (36) and his friend Craig Godineaux (30), and Taylor had a gun. Only a small amount of money was missing from the shop. Links: Gene The Post's analysis of 52,000 criminal homicides identified zones within cities where there were more than eight homicides but the arrest rate was less than 30 percent. In November 2021, authorities from Indianapolis, Wichita, Terre Haute, St. Charles, and Raytown met together in St. Charles to review the cases. She noticed the register was open, but no one was around. Those pictures are very generous to the current condition of the apartments around there. She had a love of horses and was good with them, and always had a smile on her lips and a sparkle in her eye. While San Miguels official victim count was four, many consider it five, as Theresa Fraga was pregnant at the time of her death.[3]. Howard McClaflin, Shirley Thompson, and George Dwayne Landrum were cleaning the restaurant after closing when two brothers, Calvin Lloyd Padgett and Max Baer Daughtry, entered the restaurant demanding money. On November 1, 1993, twenty-two-year-old Amy Vess was working alone at Dancer's Closet, a dancewear shop in Arlington, Texas. While Shelton and Davis were shot multiple times by a .38 caliber revolver, Flemmonds was beaten to death by a chain, ultimately dying from choking on his own blood. That afternoon, a man entered the store and shot her twice in the head. "We don't know who did this and we don't know why they did it," Nulle said. Also, they have yet to confirm that his murder is connected to the others. On August 4, 1985, ten members of the Zheng family were murdered in Macaua Portuguese colony until 1999 and now a special administrative region of China. -, Press J to jump to the feed. Greenwho worked part-time at the restaurantwas sentenced to 50 years in prison and was eligible for parole in 2004. He has been a guest speaker on numerous national radio and television stations and is a five time published author. When one of them began to scream and ran for the door, Zhiheng sunk the broken bottle into her neck and began an all-out massacre. Moments after the women were taken into the back room and shot, the actual customer arrived. The soon-to-be killer, Huang Zhiheng, had won 180,000 Yuan from Zheng, and because Zheng knew he could not afford to pay it, the two agreed that if Zheng had not paid off his debt in one year, Zheng had to relinquish his restaurant. That day, around 150 patrons were eating in the restaurant when a man named George Hennard drove his truck through the front window of the store. Tristan He also walked around the store, looking at different items. Over 50 people have confessed to the killings, including Kenneth McDuff, a known serial killer who was ruled out as a suspect and later executed in 1998. Are you referring to Bobby Lee Hines and the murder of Michelle Haupt? Between February 22, 1946 and May 3, 1946, weekends became dangerous in and around Texarkana, Texas, now known as the town that dreaded sundown. A perpetrator known as "the Phantom Killer" attacked couples within a three-month period, claiming five lives. https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-execution-texas/texas-executes-man-for-1991-stabbing-strangulation-murder-idUSBRE89O01F20121025. The area near I-20 and U.S. 67 alone, which sits on the edge of DPD's South Central and Southwest Patrol Divisions, saw six. Clifton This list would not be complete without including the October 16, 1991, shooting at Lubys Cafeteria in Kileen, Texas. It all started with the murder of Mary Pratt in December of 1990, when shewas shot, killed, and had her eyes surgically removed. Oct. 22, 2011 -- Steven Hobbs, a married Texas father of two charged with killing and assaulting prostitutes for the past decade, may be linked to several other unsolved murders in the area . DREW Sr. Kenneth In the Wichita case, he was seen wearing a brown waist-to-thigh-length jacket, dark slacks, and black shoes. When he entered, he found 33-year-old Rankin lying in her bed, disrobed, feet tied together, andwith a pillow over her upper body. SPENCE, Exzavier Lamont At first glance, they seemed to be random killings. Based on his appearance, she believed he "worked somewhere outside." I remember that detail from some series of DFW area murders. whittlesea council rates notice . 3.75. Indeed, there was a pattern after all. On April 16, 1991, fifty three-year old Donald Ray Thedford's body was found in an abandoned tin building located at 916 East Oakwood Street. | Browns Chicken Massacre | True Crime, Brutal True Story of What They Didnt Tell You About the Burger Chef Massacre. Although she had the day off, she agreed to come in. At the time, nine members of the Zheng family were inside cleaning. What happened next was nothing short of a horror movie. On May 10, 1982, three Pizza Hut employees were brutally murdered for a measly sum of $100. I grew up watching the show and being equal parts terrified and intrigued, studied history and criminology in college, and now this rabbit hole newspaper archive research on unsolved disappearances/murders in my area that I've been doing is ticking both of those boxes pretty hard. Suspected serial killer Herb Baumeister from Westfield, Indiana, was considered a suspect in the I-70 Killer case. She was then committed to a Texas mental hospital where she allegedly spends each moment thinking about how she mercilessly drowned her five children. As she was known for her precise punctuality by her co-workers, this caused a bit of alarm. Eyewitnesses reported that they had heard Amber screaming while she was being forced into a pickup truck. Irving, TX, USA - October 5, 1994 I've been continuing to scour the Dallas Morning News online archives in search of more unresolved disappearances/murders, and I even got the Fort Worth Star-Telegram in on the gig too. Vicki was paralyzed from the neck down and was having trouble breathing. They also suspect that the killer may have switched to a different weapon due to the publicity surrounding the case. Whether its to meet up with friends over a burger and fries or enjoy a quiet romantic meal with your significant other, its generally a positive experience. It was located less than a mile south of Interstate 69, which intersects with Interstate 45. ALBRIGHT, Richard While the city with highest number of murders period? She had also been sexually assaulted. I-70 Killer on St. Charles Crime Stoppers, Authorities believe killings may be related, Authorities hope to get profile of I-70 serial killer, Police believe slayer has "killing fever", Clerks' Murderer Leaves Trail Of Death And Grief (Page 1), Experts know nearly all about the killer, except who he is, Police continue to search for man tied to 6 slayings, Police search Midwest states for serial killer, Series of homicides along I-70 began 8 years ago in Indianapolis (Page 1), Answers remain elusive 20 years after St. Charles murder, part of interstate spree, Police hope info leads to I-70 killer from '92, Police Release Information about I-70 Killer 20 Years Later, I-70 killings still unsolved 20 years later, 1992 murders at bridal shop unsolved but not forgotten by womens families, I-70 holds the secrets to a serial killer, Investigators remain hopeful that theyll find the so-called "I-70 Killer", The I-70 Killer, who terrorized Indiana and the Midwest, is still out there, Police release new sketch of 'I-70 Serial Killer', Phantom pursuit: The hunt for the I-70 killer, New technology, tips from the public further the I-70 killer case, Unsolved 2001 homicide leads investigators working on I-70 serial killer case to Missouri man, Missouri man who found one of the I-70 serial killer victims recounts horrific day, Why some investigators think the I-70 serial killer later targeted women in Texas. He was heard mumbling to himself. Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. At 2:20pm, the police arrived and found Robin dead in the store's back office. He lived most of his life in central Texas. Extra Notes: Results: Wanted. Jr. Mauriceo Mashawn For now, this list illustrates unexplained crimes that took place in the great state of Texas. Recent investigations point to Youell Swinney as a likely culprit, but he was never arrested or convicted for the slayings. Family members found the 47-year-old stabbed in the chest and laying in the driveway of . Only a small amount of money was missing. Or if the killer had a key and bolted the door behind him once outside the apartment. The man stopped in front of Jeff's store, then circled the building repeatedly before sitting on a nearby curb for about a half hour. Albert Guay: The mastermind of the worst mass murder on Canadian soil, Guay was desperate to get rid of his wife, Rita, and win back his 17-year-old mistress. ANDRADE, Roger The victimsthree adults and two childrenwere gunned down in the early afternoon as they sat at tables in front of El Memos large bay window. After the group was reported missing, police saw that the restaurants safe was empty and quickly theorized that the employees had robbed the restaurant and were on a drug-induced joyride. Twenty-three-year-old Patricia Smith and thirty-two-year-old Patricia Magers were both happily married. FOUST, John Steven It was only yards away from Interstate 70. Raytown, Missouri - another link in the deadly chain. Just before the restaurant closed, employees were surprised to hear their manager order them to her office. Their bodies were later found in the restaurants storage area after Thompsons husband called police after arriving at the restaurant and seeing the cash register empty. MARSHALL, Virgil Euristi Ronald No sign of forced entry. I suspect her door was bolted if maintenance couldn't get in. Details: Interstate 70 runs from Baltimore, Maryland, to Cove Fort, Utah. The two masked killers used a handcart to wheel the store safe out of the building and fled in Reese's car.